Saturday, November 12, 2011

Budget Inventory Reflection!

I finally finished his assignment! It felt like it took way too long for me to obtain the information I needed. Some of which was finding the time to ask the questions I needed answers to of my busy principal and GIS! I have been a,ember of a School Site Council off and on as a parent or a staff member for over 20 years (many of which I served as the chairperson). Needless to say I am familiar with the budget process at my school site.
As always the main focus is doing what is best for ALL students and in teasing test scores to maintain necessary growth. The focus at Cedarwood this year is manly on our subgroups that did not meet their AYP last year. One of these subgroups is our growing SED population so much consideration has been given to wise expenditure of funds to train staff and provide necessary support services for this population.
I am struck by how little discretionary funding our site has. We are not yet a Title I school so we receive limited funds. Out administration has to be very creative in finding ways to get the most out of each dollar to benefit the most. It is quite a challenge and it promises to be increasingly more of a challenge with new budget constraints looming in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I agree many schools are faced to get creative with every dollar due to budget cuts. This would be an area I would feel I need t learn more before I felt confident working with the schools budget/funding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the demographics change at a school site, administration must recognize that the way they have been operating must change as well. Your experience in SSC and teaching will serve Cedarwood well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Difficult to get and understand, I need guided practice on this !

    ReplyDelete