Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blog # 12.

The final capstone paper-what to say! Writing it seemed to take forever but at the same time I felt that I could have written more. I just barely began to explore what could be done to meet the goals stand could have read/researched so much more....I suppose as an administrator that is how it is-always so much more to explore. The refining process seems difficult!
I have to admit I enjoyed trying to figure out ways that my site could meet the challenges of a changing population and equip teachers to provide the best education possible for every child in the school.
Personal professional development- so much to choose from! When I think of my long term goal of working in the area of RTI or 504 at a district level I have to keep in mind that I need to be a member of an administrative team to get where I want to be. So as I developed my plans I looked at what would help me get to the next step which is most likely a GIS position as well as thinking about what would help me to develop more skill/knowledge for where I am now!
I will need to be a life ling learner if I want to be on the edge of what is current in education!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing everything Marci! Thanks for all of your support this year and for all of your kind words of encouragement. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The capestone paper took me a lot longer than I thought it would. It feels good to be done with all the assignments but I still have a lot to learn. Take care Marci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci,
    I agree with you that to be on the up and up, we need to be life long learners. I'm not sure when I will go into admin, but I know you have a great goal and so I hope that you move up when the time is right for you (hopefully soon!). Good luck with everything, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about being a life long learner and taking steps to set yourself up for reaching your goals and being successful :) Good luck and I'm sure you will reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete